A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. The benefit of using implants is that they don’t rely on neighboring teeth for support and they are permanent and stable. Implants are a good solution to tooth loss because they look and feel like natural teeth.
All on four dental implants. What is All-on-4? The All-on-4 treatment concept provides edentulous and soon-to-be edentulous patients with a fixed full-arch prosthesis on four implants. The All-on-4 tooth implant option quickly leads to improved patient satisfaction in terms of function, esthetics, sense, speech, and self-esteem.
- The tilting of the posterior implants in maximising bone support at the front avoids the need for time-consuming bone grafting procedures for certain cases
- The All-on-4 treatment concept is one of the least time-consuming treatment option for dental implant replacement, but also the least costly in comparison with conventional implant treatment modalities of the edentulous and soon-to-be edentulous jaw.
- By tilting the two posterior implants, longer implants can be used. This increases bone-to-implant contact and avoids vertical bone augmentation. In addition, the tilted implants can be anchored in better quality anterior bone, reduce cantilevers and help avoid important anatomical structures.
All on four dental implants Procedure
The treatment procedure and steps for full arch dental implant treatment using the All-on-4 is as follows:
- First evaluation, x-ray and possible CT Scan to evaluate the implant site condition.
- The tooth implants is then placed into your jaw following the information from the x-ray.
- During the same trip, the the hybrid fixed bridge over tooth implants is built and fitted over the implants